He has a plan and he knows it well. But do you know his plan? The fact is that he has a program:
“But one whom you forgive anything, I forgive also; for indeed what I have forgiven, if I have forgiven anything, I did it for your sakes in the presence of Christ,
11 so that no advantage would be taken of us by Satan, for we are not ignorant of his schemes” (2 Corinthians 2:10-11). When you have a person in the church who is not wanting to forgive you have a person who is cooperating with Satan.
‘Put on the full armor of God, so that you will be able to stand firm against the schemes of the devil.”(Ephesians 6:11). Here the word refers to crafty, deceptive plans and strategies. His work is one in which he labors to pull us into his plans through deception, then, unknowingly we become accomplices in his efforts and work! This means we must not allow ourselves to be fooled into thinking that he is not actively working now in our world and lives. He is the master tactician who makes Sun Tzu (who wrote The Art of War) look like a child. This plan focuses on all of creation, from God, to angelic beings, to the world in general, to Christians specifically. Below is a simple tour of how Satan operates.
In relation to the non-Christian:
- He has sway over them (John 12:31; 1 John 5:19).
- He incites men to sin (1 John 3:10-12).
- He blinds people to the gospel (Luke 8:12; 2 Corinthians 4:4).
- He incites men to oppose God’s Word (Ephesians 2:2).
In relation to the Christian:
- He accuses and slanders (Job 1:9-11.Revelation 12:10). And this should come as no surprise because this is what he does toward God as well: Genesis 3:4 “And the serpent said to the woman, ‘You surely shall not die!’ For God knows that in the day you eat from it your eyes will be opened, and you will be like God, knowing good and evil.”
- He hinders (1 Thessalonians 2:18).
- He sows tares among them (Matthew 13:24-30 & 36-43).
- He incites persecutions against them (Revelation 2:10).
- He tempts them to sin (Acts 5:3; 1 Corinthians 7:5).