A Yearly Destruction of St. Louis
The annual report for Planned Parenthood is out. You can read it at the link provided and it is well done! Clean wording and great images all portraying a happy and victorious group of women rising up out of their struggles to better things. Did I mention that you can read it? You should for it is very informative.
It tells you that they will never stop fighting for the right to do abortions. Never. They portray an attractive, happy young lady who shares how through their birth control program she is now free to pursue her dreams.They share how they are able to help through text and chat programs young ladies who had unprotected sex and are worried they might be pregnant. When that happens Planned Parenthood offers “emergency contraception.” One wonders what this contraception might actually be if the young lady is already pregnant.
But down on page 18 there is a simple line item that breaks my heart. “Abortion Procedures . . . . 327,653.” Over 300,000 babies killed. Over 300,000. How do we even grasp the enormity of that number. The best I can do is point out that the population of St. Louis is 318,000. So as a nation we killed every person in St. Louis last year.
And we shrugged.
If the blood of Abel was crying out from the ground to our Lord and Maker for justice then how great the cry must be now?
Some thoughts to end this little post:
- How do Christians respond to this atrocity in the public square through politics and the courts?
- The Church must grasp that many of those who hear the gospel are those who have participated in this act in one way or another. How do we reject the act yet call them to repentance and faith in Jesus?
- The Church must be ready to remember that each of us is a utter sinner apart from the grace of God.
- Yet we also must be faithful to the commands in Ephesians 5:11, “And do not participate in the unfruitful deeds of darkness, but instead even expose them.” Such a difficult balance.
- Finally we must see that the ultimate way to attack this great evil of abortion is through the gospel message. Only when dead hearts are made alive by the Spirit and people truly trust and follow their Lord will we see change.